Aikataulu: 12.09.2016 - 28.10.2016
Vastuuopettaja (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
lecturer Severi Uusitalo
Opetusperiodi (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
II, 2018 – 2020.
Osaamistavoitteet (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
● Identify key basic principles of human cognition and perception and apply them to the design of interactive systems. Explain the fundamentals of how human and interactive systems co-operate.
● Deconstruct a design brief and user insights into user’s goals and scenarios of use. Carry out assessments, like Hierarchical Task Analysis to enable iterative design development.
● Construct an interaction design prototype with a suitable fidelity level for the project objectives and the key scenarios. Critically assess, and apply, potential interaction design patterns
Sisältö (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
This course aims to increase students’ knowledge on the following topics:
- Interaction design: Defining the behavior of interactive systems – principles, patterns and processes
- Basic principles in some closely related fields e.g. information visualization, human cognition and perception as they relate to interaction design
- Interaction design process in contemporary software development processes and models, e.g. Agile
- Practical methods and tools for students to grow to a role of interaction designer or UX designer in industry, working efficiently together with developers
This course is the complement of the Evaluating Interactions course (MUO-E3034) from period 4.
Toteutus, työmuodot ja arvosteluperusteet (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
The student should show in-depth understanding of interaction design both in theory and practice. The grade is defined based on the developed solutions for assignments, reading assignments, and active participation during the course.
Työmäärä toteutustavoittain (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
270 hours (10 credits), Full time work during the period.
Contact hours: 60h (Lectures, Homework discussions, Studio work tutoring sessions, Presentations)
Individual and group work hours: 170h (self-study, literature exercises, contextual studies, design, team
meetings, evaluation, presentation preparations, reporting)
Personal Reflection: 40h
Esitiedot (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
User Inspired Design course or equal knowledge.
Equal knowledge refers either to minimum of 10 ects of prior studies in human centred design, co-design or corresponding topics
Arvosteluasteikko (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
0 - 5
Ilmoittautuminen (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Lisätietoja (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Max 15 students. Priority to Collaborative and Industrial Design second year students who have this course accepted in their personal study plan (HOPS) and USchool minor students.