Tidtabel: 20.02.2017 - 06.04.2017
Undervisningsperiod (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
IV (spring term)
Lärandemål (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
During the course the student:
- Reflects his/her personal attitudes towards participatory planning and which approaches she/he finds most useful
- Learns to understands the meaning of participation in the various phases of planning process and in relation to societal and political context and decision making processes.
- Can recognize and name various theoretical and practical approaches in the multifaceted field of participatory planning
- Learns to know a variety of participation methods including digital tools and e-participation and will test some of them.
Innehåll (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
During the course, the student will be introduced participatory planning as a multifaceted, sometimes contested field with various approaches, ideals and methodologies. These approaches have evolved during the (rather short) history of participatory planning. The varying viewpoint concern for example:
- How participation is organized? Participatory planning can be formally organized but also informal, self-organized activity.Who are the participants? The participants can be either organized groups or randomly selected individuals.
- What kind of knowledge participatory planning produces? The knowledge produced in participatory planning process can be both generalizable and scientific or specific and local.
- What is the focus of participatory planning? The focus of participatory planning can be on the process or on the outcome. The scale of participatory planning can be the master plan level or detailed plan level.
- Which methods should/can be used in participatory planning? There is an abundance of available methods for participatory planning, both more traditional and methods applying new technology.
- What is the role of participatory planning in planner's identity and in planning profession? Planning can be seen both as a closed profession and as deliberative planning – the role of participation varies accordingly.
- When participatory planning should be applied? There are various views about when participatory planning is most useful, important and influential.
Metoder, arbetssätt och bedömningsgrunder (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
The course will be assessed with the scale 0-5. The score is calculated based on the following rules:
- 10 % individual reflections
- 10 % active participation in classes
- 80 % individual course assignment
Arbetsmängd (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Lectures & discussions 26 h (13 x 2 h)
Methodological exercises 6 h
Reading and reflection 64 h
Writing 20 h
Total 136 h
Ersättande prestationer (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Maa-78.3230 Osallistuminen ja arviointi suunnittelussa
Kursens webbplats (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Bedömningsskala (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
The course is assessed with the scale 0–5.
Anmälning (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Registration via WebOodi. Students of the Master's programme in Spatial Planning and Transportation Engineering are prioritized.