Schedule: 05.06.2017 - 11.08.2017
Teaching Period (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Learning Outcomes (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
After the course, students are able to:
- conduct an ideation process and concept generation leading towards the creation of eTextile and wearable prototypes,
- implement simple eTextiles and wearable prototypes with electronic functionality,
- create simple algorithms using visual development methods,
- understand the differences of wearables, smart clothing and eTextiles
- design interactions using textile qualities and materials,
- start identifying problems and their causes in eTextiles and wearable prototyping process.
Content (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
The course consists of initial learning period with lectures, hands-on work and background research leading to ideation. The second part is the concept creation, where the students create an implementable concept based on the first part. The third and final part consists of implementing the prototype using skills gained in the first part.
Learning manual skills necessary for the creation of working electronic prototypes.
Creating working wearable or textile-based prototype, through identifying situations suitable for concepts.
Design process and prototyping using algorithm generation tools and electronics.
Assessment Methods and Criteria (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Activity during the course, content and the quality of the presentations and gathered information, relevance and the quality of the prototypes.
Workload (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
80 h Lectures and other contact teaching
155 h independent work
35 h Own reflection
Study Material (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Grading Scale (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Registration for Courses (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Further Information (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):