Schedule: 14.09.2017 - 31.12.2017
Teaching Period (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
I-II, III-V (Course to be given first time in autumn 2017)
Learning Outcomes (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
After the course the student:
- is able to perform a project in industrial setting.
- is able to work in a project team.
- can prepare a project plan and knows fundamentals of project management.
- is proficient in applying skills from previous courses.
- can formulate a practical solution to an industrial problem based on analysis.
- can write a technical report on project and selected solution.
Content (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Students in small groups perform an industrial project in cooperation with local companies or Aalto university. Focus is in finding solution through analysis and reporting results. The course includes mandatory seminar of all groups with presentation of projects.
Assessment Methods and Criteria (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
project work, seminar, written reports
Workload (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Introductory lecture 4 h
Project work 100 h
Preparing project report 20 h
Seminar presentations 10 h
Substitutes for Courses (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Course substitutes for Kon-15.4158 Industry Project (5 cr)
Prerequisites (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
MEC-E7002 Manufacturing Methods I
MEC-E7003 Manufacturing Methods II
Grading Scale (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Registration for Courses (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
A maximum of 30 students will be admitted to the course, with precedence given to students of Mechanical Engineering master’s programme and selection is based on academic performance. At least 4 participants are required in order for the course to be held.