Schedule: 30.10.2017 - 04.12.2017
Teaching Period (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
II (autumn term)
Learning Outcomes (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
After the completion of the course the student is able to
- understand the fundamentals of main technologies and sustainable infrastructures in rapidly developing world
- explain connections and linkages between different sustainable technologies and infrastructure systems in built environments (water, waste, energy, transport, building design and construction, land tenure and land use)
- comprehend principles of resilient communities
- understand vulnerability of built environments
- work in multicultural teams and recognize his/her own expertise as part of the team or design problem
Content (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
The course covers fundamentals of basic infrastructures focusing on sustainable technologies, infrastructures and policies aiming for environmentally, culturally and economically more sustainable built environments globally. The key content covers water, energy, waste management, housing, land use, climate change, vulnerability and resilient communities.
Assessment Methods and Criteria (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Active participation to lectures, workshops and group work. Course provides multidisciplinary and multicultural learning environment.
Study Material (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Material given during the lecture and exercises.
Substitutes for Courses (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Yhd-12.3086 Sustainable Global Technologies; changing course
Course Homepage (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Prerequisites (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Yhd-12.3081 State of the World and Development (2 cr) or similar knowledge.
Grading Scale (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Registration for Courses (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Registration through WebOodi. Please see WebOodi for the registration dates.
A limited number of students will be accepted to the course, with preference given to our own Master's Programme students. Other students may be selected based on Motivation Letter and/or other criteria.
The course may not be organized if fewer than 5 students register to the course.
Further Information (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Course has close linkages with WAT-E2060, WAT-E2080 and WAT-E2090. Highly recommended prerequisite for WAT-E2070 Sustainable Global Technologies Studio.