Schedule: 01.02.2018 - 31.03.2018
Teaching Period (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Online course. For more information please visit www.lito.fi.
Learning Outcomes (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- describe the role of marketing in an organization and identify the significance of customer-orientation in both development of the organization and personal actions
- apply key concepts of marketing (e.g., customer-perceived value, value creation process, brand, marketing mix and segmentation) in decision-making and in the evaluation of made decisions
- describe the diverse emphasis of B-to-B and consumer marketing and the key characteristics of both logics
- identify and utilize key marketing communication channels in the fickle business environment
- understand the sales process in its entirety and the content of different parts of the sales process in practice in both consumer and in B-to-B sales
Content (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
- Key marketing concepts, definitions and phenomena now and before, such as value, value creation and marketing mix
- Understanding these concepts in diverse contexts: the differences between consumer and B-to-B logics
- Customer-centric thinking and value creation
- Customer-oriented strategy in a changing business environment
- The key concepts and phenomena in consumer marketing
- B-to-B marketing and organizational buying behavior
- Marketing communication channels and contents
- Sales process in consumer and B-to-B contexts as well as personal sales and interaction skills at different phases of the sales process
Assessment Methods and Criteria (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Students complete the course by writing weekly exercises. Grading is from 0 to 5.
Workload (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Students will complete weekly exercises.
Study Material (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
The teachers will specify the literature at the beginning of the course.
Prerequisites (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Grading Scale (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Registration for Courses (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Further Information (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Apply for courses or the minor: http://into.aalto.fi/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4854501
The latest information about the course is updated and published on the course platform at www.lito.fi.
LITO courses are organised in co-operation with multiple universities. To enable registering credits when the course is completed, it is necessary to transfer data about the student from his/her home university to the university that is responsible for organizing the course. The data to be transferred consists of: name, gender, nationality, e-mail address, personal identification number and the home university. Data that is classified as secret is not transferred. Without a data transfer it is not possible to have the course credits registered.
- Teacher: Christa Uusi-Rauva