Tidtabel: 29.10.2018 - 04.12.2018
Ansvarslärare (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Kontaktuppgifter till kursens personal (gäller denna kursomgång):
Johanna Bragge (@aalto.fi)
Undervisningsperiod (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
II Autumn (2018-2019) Töölö & Otaniemi campus
II Autumn (2019-2020) Otaniemi campus
Lärandemål (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
After the completion of this course, students can:
1. Apply the knowledge and skills they have accumulated during their studies for solving real-life problems
2. Understand the expectations of senior decision-makers and write executive reports to them
3. Collaborate with people with different backgrounds (students, customers, coaches)
4. Present and sell their ideas and solutions in compelling ways (requires understanding the basics of change management)
5. Learn to receive real feedback
6. Understand the nuances of the client organization's field of industry
Innehåll (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
This course is organized in collaboration with Accenture and selected organizations, and it is open to all Aalto Master’s students. Also Bachelor’s students can take the course given that they have sufficient background knowledge. All Aalto students can include the course in their studies as part of their elective courses. Business school students can include it either as an elective course or use the course to replace their MSc capstone course if they study in one of the following programs: Management & IB, Accounting, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Business Law, ISM or Corporate Communications. The course is about solving a real problem in an organization. The work will be done in teams of 4-5, and it is not possible to complete the course as a distance learning project. Different teams will have different problems to solve.
1. Kick-off event
2. Lectures on key areas such as service design and presentation techniques and pitching.
3. Intensive 20-hour hackathon event
4. Coaching for the case
5. Final presentation
6. Writing executive-level reports
Metoder, arbetssätt och bedömningsgrunder (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Each student is graded on the 0-5 scale. Participation in the key events is obligatory to pass the course.
The grade is determined based on the project presentations and reports. Also peer-to-peer assessments will be used to ensure that each student’s contribution to the final deliverables is visible.
- Assignments (presentations and reports) 100%
- Exam 0%
Arbetsmängd (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
- Contact teaching 45 hours
- Independent work 115 hours
Total 160h (6 ECTS)
Studiematerial (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Delivered at lectures and events.
Ersättande prestationer (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
57E00600 Hackathon Project
CEMS MIM students can replace this capstone with 42E05400 CEMS Business Project
Bedömningsskala (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Anmälning (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Tilläggsinformation (är i kraft 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
The exact number of students admitted will depend on the number of organizational clients joining the course. Altogether 100-150 students (including also other than Aalto students in case of special agreements).
Students are prioritized in the following order:
1. ISM MSc students
2. EIT Digital Data Science MSc students (http://www.aalto.fi/fi/studies/education/programme/data_science/)
3. Students from partner universities (in case of special agreements)
4. Other Aalto MSc students
5. MSc level exchange students
6. Aalto BSc students
Participation in the key events is obligatory to pass the course (see details in the syllabus).
Tilläggsinformation om kursen (gäller denna kursomgång):
In addition to the course events above, the winning teams of each organization are invited to pitch at the Final of the Digitalism Challenge on December 13 at 16-19 o'clock (place: Accenture Innovation Hub, Aleksanterinkatu 46, Helsinki) .