Schedule: 05.09.2018 - 31.10.2018
Teaching Period (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Online course. For more information please visit www.lito.fi.
Learning Outcomes (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
On successful completion of the course, the students will be able to:
- name the key concepts and theories in the areas of organization, management and leadership
- name the key concepts and evaluate the functions of human resource management
- understand major tools of strategic management
- understand business in the network of global interactions
- apply theory on practical leadership and management situations
Content (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Organizations and organizational behavior:
- Organizational structure
- Organizational culture
- Organizational life
Management and leadership:
- The development of leadership thinking and leadership theory
- Key concepts of management
- Leading culture, innovation and change
Strategic thinking and strategic tools:
- The development of strategic thinking and strategy models
- Strategic tools
- Strategic management in global environment
- Ethics, corporate social responsibility
Human resource management:
- Human resource management
- Leading individuals, teams and groups
- Motivation and coaching
- Learning organization
Workload (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Online lectures 10
Portfolio and peer feedback 50
Vocabulary assignment (key concepts) 10
Literature (approximately 268 pages) 64
Study Material (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Robbins, Stephen P. – Judge, Timothy A. – Campbell, Timothy T. (2017) Organizational Behavior.
The course instructors may ask students to read additional literature (e.g. articles). Details of additional readings are given at the beginning of the course.
Prerequisites (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Grading Scale (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Registration for Courses (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
No restrictions for the number of students admitted. Appropriate registration for a course is obligatory and required for having the course credits registered. No late registrations are accepted.
Further Information (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Apply for courses or the minor: http://into.aalto.fi/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4854501
The latest information about the course is updated and published on the course platform at www.lito.fi.
LITO courses are organised in co-operation with multiple universities. To enable registering credits when the course is completed, it is necessary to transfer data about the student from his/her home university to the university that is responsible for organizing the course. The data to be transferred consists of: name, gender, nationality, e-mail address, personal identification number and the home university. Data that is classified as secret is not transferred. Without a data transfer it is not possible to have the course credits registered.
- Teacher: Christa Uusi-Rauva