Aikataulu: 13.09.2018 - 07.12.2018
Kurssin yhteystiedot (koskee tätä kurssikertaa):
Elsa Kivi-Koskinen, elsa.kivi-koskinen(a)aalto.fi
Opetusperiodi (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
I-V (the course extends over the first year of studies)
Osaamistavoitteet (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
The course aims to offer all the information necessary for success in studies at Aalto University.
Upon completion of the course, you:
- Have acquired knowledge about the degree requirements, the minors studies and the services offered by the university
- Are able to make a target-oriented study plan
- Are familiar with Aalto University, the department of your major, and your academic advisor
- Have improved both your academic and intercultural skills to be able to work and collaborate in a multicultural and multidisciplinary learning environment
- Know the principles of good scientific practices at Aalto university
- Know what academic integrity is at Aalto University and how to adopt it
Sisältö (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
The course consists of lectures, active workshops, discussions, assignments, field visits and other activities – all designed to provide students with comprehensive insights that will help identify and strengthen the skills and knowledge needed to achieve and have a positive study experience at Aalto University.
The course consists of three parts:
1) Events on orientation week.
2) Academic skills.
3) Introduction to studies.
Toteutus, työmuodot ja arvosteluperusteet (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Active participation and assignments. Specific assessment criteria will be published in MyCourses before the beginning of the course.
Tarkennetut arviointiperusteet ja -menetelmät ja tutustuminen arviointiin (koskee tätä kurssikertaa):
The course is graded Pass/Fail. Sufficient participation in course activities is required for completing the course.
Arvosteluasteikko (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Lisätietoja (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
The course includes ‘part 1: Academic skills’ of the SCI-E1010 Introduction Course for Master’s students. If a student continues his/her studies at the master’s level at Aalto, he/she may then complete the ‘part 2: Career and Working Life Skills’ of the Introduction Course for
Master’s students. Both SCI-A1010 Introduction Course for Bachelor’s students, 2 cr and SCI-E1010 Introduction Course for Master’s students: part 1, Academic Skills cannot be included in the degree(s) at Aalto University.
Kurssin aikataulu (koskee tätä kurssikertaa):
The lectures and workshops are held once a week during I period in Autumn. However, as part of the course, including eg. participation in academic advising and Minors Fair, extends over the Spring semester, the course is graded by the end of the academic year in question.