Schedule: 16.04.2020 - 28.05.2020
Teacher in charge (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Assistant professors Emma-Riikka Myllymäki and Vikash Sinha
Teaching Period (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
2019-2020: V (Spring 2020) Otaniemi Campus
Learning Outcomes (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
After completing the course, students will have knowledge of risk management in organizations, including risk identification, risk analysis, and risk response. The course covers corporate governance mechanisms, management accounting processes, internal and external auditing as well as reporting issues from the risk management perspective. Moreover, the course makes students familiar with the current research on risk management.
Content (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
- Risk analysis: objectives, identification, risk assessment, risk response
- Risk management frameworks and regulations (COSO, Basel and Solvency Frameworks)
- Risk Management and other management accounting systems such as performance management, budgeting and planning
- Risk management and reporting quality
- Risk reporting and governance roles
- Risk governance concepts and processes
- Auditing and risk management
Assessment Methods and Criteria (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
- Exam (50 points; 50 %)
- Exercises (50 points, 50 %)
To pass the course, student must obtain:
- a) at least 25 points from the exam, and
- b) at least 50 points from the whole course (exam + exercises).
Workload (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
- Participation in lectures and in-class exercises, 24 h
- Self-directed studying incl. preparation for the lectures, exercises, and exam, 132h
- Exam, 4 h
Study Material (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Readings announced at the beginning of the course.
Prerequisites (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Introduction to Accounting (22A00110)
Grading Scale (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Registration for Courses (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Via WebOodi. See the registration time in WebOodi.