Schedule: 09.09.2019 - 27.04.2020
Contact information for the course (applies in this implementation):
Details on the course content (applies in this implementation):
3D-animation course covers, step by step, the whole process of creating an animated 3D-character.
The course has lectures, examples, guided step-by-step exercises, lots of homework.
Student learns and understands all the different stages of creating an animated 3D-character.
The acting of the character and principles of animation are also discussed.
A lot of animations in different styles and techniques are shown and discussed during the course.
Elaboration of the evaluation criteria and methods, and acquainting students with the evaluation (applies in this implementation):
3D Animation- course has two parts:
1. The general teaching (September-February, roughly)
2. The Spring animation project (March-May, roughly)
- Student can get 6 credits from each of these.
- To get full credits from the first part a student has to, in addition to normal participation and homework, do three to four compulsory animation exercises with student's own character, which has been built during the course.
- To get full credits from the project part
a student has to create a simple one-scene animation (not a full film).
This can be from one's own subject or from a subject given by the
teacher. The project consists of writing the script, storyboarding, designing, building and animating the character and the set, lighting, rendering and editing the piece together.
Details on the course materials (applies in this implementation):
Course materials can be downloaded from MyCourses.
Additional information for the course (applies in this implementation):
Students who take 3D Animation-course have the opportunity to participate also in these two workshops:
- DOM-E5105 Pre-Vis and 3D Work Workshop
- DOM-E5055 Motion Capture vs Animation
- Teacher: Kai Lappalainen