Schedule: 10.09.2019 - 10.12.2019
Contact information for the course (applies in this implementation):
Teaching Period (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
I-II (Autumn 2018), I-II (Autumn 2019)
Learning Outcomes (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
After this course the student will be able to:
- Understand the process and requirements to convert basic research into innovative products and technologies.
- Apply the process of demand based product development.
- Define core knowledge and skills needed to design multidisciplinary technical products.
- Design a concept for an electronic device and anticipate main challenges in the entity including SW/HW interfaces, EMC, assembly and manufacturing.
- Identify processes needed for quality assurance in product development.
Content (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Translational Engineering Forum addresses practical product development and conceptual design of electronic systems including ICs, sensors, communication devices and embedded software. The course reviews the trends for emerging devices and opportunities for new products, product and technology development processes and knowledge base needed for new device creation. In addition to lectures the course contains exercises such as device teardown and concept definition.
Assessment Methods and Criteria (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Participation at the lectures, participation at the lab work and concept development exercise, exercise report
Grade based on active participation on teaching and excercises, concept report and homework.
participation to lectures and exercises, graded mid-term project report, final project presentation
Elaboration of the evaluation criteria and methods, and acquainting students with the evaluation (applies in this implementation):
- Mid-course group report assessment (15%)
- Group presentation (30%)
- End-of-the-course group report assessment (15%)
- Weekly learning logs (20%)
- Peer review (20%)
Workload (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Lectures, hardware teardown study: 48 h
Homework and other independent work: 82 h
Lectures and Exercises: 48h; Homework and independent work: 82h
Study Material (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Prerequisites (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Bachelor's studies, basics of electrical engineering
Grading Scale (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Further Information (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
language class 3: English