Finally, some tips for today's presentations:
- try to stick to 10 mins for the whole thing. You can stage it as you like: slides are not the only possible mode.
- tell about your process, not only the result. The research and findings from it are also interesting!
- would be great to see your process projected on the double diamond model. It might fit there, or might not, and that's the most intriguing part.
Here's the updated schedule for the week:
Here are the prototyping tools we went through today:
More materials about the Learning Centre:
Here are the briefs for the two projects:
- Design a concept of a web service that will work as a study planning tool for MA students at the department of Design. Think about what kind of additional values this tool could have apart from similar paper forms.
- Design the wireframes and prototypes for the Learning Centre website based on the existing research findings. You can involve users to create better prototypes and test emerging ideas on the go.
For the Learning Centre brief, please check the workshop report: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oqy1tmCJOylXAaAfFSyxxSdM6y8oeDB4ug7jqn4-IBA/edit?usp=sharing, and visit the current library website at http://lib.aalto.fi/en/.
Some links from today's intro lecture:
- The Double Diamond, rethought for HCD & UX: https://medium.com/digital-experience-design/how-to-apply-a-design-thinking-hcd-ux-or-any-creative-process-from-scratch-b8786efbf812#.d004yk4de
- Designing for people with Autism Spectrum Disorder: https://medium.com/@dmahmarian/a-summer-designing-for-autism-5859f8096b0b#.pqs2xu76m
- Google’s HEART Framework to measure the quality of user experience: http://www.dtelepathy.com/ux-metrics/#quality
- Stefan Sagmeister, "The Power of Time off": https://www.ted.com/talks/stefan_sagmeister_the_power_of_time_off?language=en
- A brief history of web design for designers: http://blog.froont.com/brief-history-of-web-design-for-designers/
- The intro lecture will be on Monday 19.9 at 13-16. We'll plan the whole week together during the lecture.
- Please read this short article before the lecture starts: 5 Design Jobs That Won't Exist In The Future. We'll use it as a ground for some discussions.