THIS COURSE IS NOT ORGANIZED IN SPRING 2018.
All information below and in other pages is dated.
Course begins on Monday January 16th at 12.15 in Hall T3.
Course will focus on designing a research process, for example, for doctoral or MSc level research. Each participant will develop and elaborate his/her own research plan in several phases, and get feedback on it in each phase. This is the main part of the course. In addition, there will also be methodologial exercises, group work exercises and personal assignments.
The course schedule is as follows:
- Course intro
- Research process in general
- Setting research questions
- Setting and operationalizing research questions, continued
- Assignment: Prepare initial research plan and questions
- Presentation of initial research plans
- Feedback on initial plan and RQs
- Reading task 1 (assignment)
- Research frameworks
- Data collection
- Reading task 2 (assignment)
- Research plan: motivation, background and goals (assignment)
CHANGE: NO LECTURE. EXAM WEEK
20.2, Hall T3
- Data collection continued
- Data analysis
- Qualitative methods
- Research Plan: data collection
- Data collection assignment
on data collection plan
- Data analysis workshop
- Grounded theory exercise
- Other qualitative methods
- Data analysis task(assignment)
- Feedback on data analysis
- Validity and trustworthiness
- Research plan: complete draft Assignment
- Presentation and feedback on final research plans