This is the MyCourses page for course CSE-E5800 User-Centered Methods for Product and Service Design (5 cr).
NOTICE! Lectures have changed to lecture hall T2 due to unprecedented interest towards the course. See you there Monday at 14:15.
·To be able to explain and apply methods for usability research emphasising
- methods for user research in the in the beginning of the user-centred design process in gathering user requirements for development
- tools and methods for analysing qualitative data
- usability evaluation methods, both with and without users.
·To be able to search for relevant scientific publications.
·To be able to write academically and reference properly.
The course has two main activities:
1 ) Read through the provided materials (+1) on user research methodology and write a reflective essay. After writing the essay you must also read and peer review three your fellow students' essays.2) In groups of three students to:
- Conduct a small observation and interview study
- Redesign the service according to your findings and present (pitch) your results