First lecture: 11 April 2017, 10:15-12 in room T5
Learning Outcomes: You will learn how to build multi-organizational applications that utilize data from Internet of Things sources (mobile, personal devices etc) as well as Industrial Internet sources (manufacturing systems, maintenance systems, ...), Web sources (weather forecasts, energy prices, ...). You will also learn how to enable "intelligent control" between those systems, thereby building "Systems of Systems" applications.
Content: Hands-on examples and real systems will be studied, Systems of Systems architectures will be drafted for different application domains. Concepts such as Green Information Systems, Closed-Loop Lifecycle Management, Total Cost of Ownership and Fleet Management are key concepts for the achievable benefits from Systems of Systems. The main scope of the course is on architecting Information System Architectures for "Big Systems”; however, business aspects, as well as societal and environmental aspects of such systems will be considered.
Lectures in 2017
- 11 april: Practical arrangements. Background and introduction: from Internet of Things to Systems of Systems (SoS). Definitions of SoS.
- 13 April: Presentation of project topics, practical arrangements. Lecture: How Smart, Connected Products Are Transforming Competition (based on HBR article by Porter and Heppelmann) and related articles.
- 20 April: Business Ecosystems (by Anssi Smedlund).
- 4 May: Standards, standardisation activities, reference architectures, ...
- 11 May: How to implement SoS in reality.
- 18 May: Security in SoS and IoT.
Assessment Methods and Criteria: Project work, examination
Project: Use Case specification from proposed ones or self-defined
- Groups of 1-4 people
- Grades: failed, accepted, excellent ("excellent" raises examination assessment by one, except if it is already 5)
- Deadline for report: May 31st
- Mentoring sessions every Tuesday 10:15-12 in T5, beginning the 2ndMay
- May 2nd
- May 9th
- May 16th
Examination: May 26th, 2017, at 13:00-16:00, room T1