IP Strategy for Business in 2017 will deal with various aspects of doing business as well as making strategic managerial decisions related to intellectual property rights.
The course is arranged together by Timo Nyberg (Aalto) and Nari Lee (Hanken) who will jointly assess the students. Students from each institute need to follow his/her own institute's requirements for registration etc. Primary course information is maintained at Hanken's Moodle and a copy at this MyCourses site. Link to Moodle: https://moodle.hanken.fi/moodle/course/view.php?id=1251
To complete the course:
- attend all (at least 12) sessions including all guest lectures. Note that 14.3.2016 is a mandatory lecture for Aalto students (introduction to IPR laws).
- submit a group case study assignment and present it
- optional individual assignment for Aalto students: IP strategy for your company (extra 20%)
Class attendance is mandatory, but students can be excused if the cause for absence is justifiable (sickness, urgent business matters etc.) In this case please contact Timo Nyberg before the session.
- attendance and active participation: 50%
- group case study assignment and presentation: 50%
- there is no exam
Assignments can be found on the assignments page.
In case you have any questions, please contact course assistant Laura Wirtavuori. (firstname.lastname@example.org) or teacher TImo Nyberg (email@example.com, +358 50 560 4438)