We meet on Wednesdays at 15:15–17:00 in classroom 429 (note the change!), Miestentie 3. Here's the up-to-date schedule:
- Sep 21. Kickoff, historical overview
- Sep 28. Display devices pt. 1
- Oct 5. Hands-on session: bodystorming. Readings: Understanding Contexts by Being There and The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp.
- Oct 12. Display devices pt. 2
- Oct 19. Input devices
- Oct 26. Tracking methods. Readings: Näprä – Affordable Fingertip Tracking with Ultrasound.
- Nov 9. Hands-on session: HTC Vive demos with Ling Chen. Go straight to the 5th floor lobby (your group on the email).
- Nov 16. Motion Lab visit with Perttu Hämäläinen. Starts at 14:15. Go straight to the TUAS house, Otaniementie 17. Readings: Utilizing Gravity in Movement-Based Games and Play.
- Nov 23. Guest lecture: Matti Gröhn on Spatial audio. Sound demos. Lecture slides below.
- Nov 30. Guest lecture: Bokyung Kim on VR art
- Dec 7. Movie: The Lawnmower man (1992). Let's start at 15:00 sharp.
- Jan 11. Second year kickoff. Pending discussions: Näprä and The Lawnmower man.
- Jan 18. Haptics
- Jan 25. Selection and manipulation. Readings: Intenselect, Put-That-There
- Feb 1. Guest lecture: Petri Honkamaa on Augmented Reality (AR), exceptionally in room 433
- Feb 8. Navigation
- Feb 15. Simulator sickness
- Mar 1. 3DUI design and testing methods. A Holistic User-Centered Approach to Immersive Digital Cultural Heritage Applications: Case Vrouw Maria.
- Mar 8. Final session. Instructions and topics for the assignment.
Note that during workshop weeks there are no lectures.