Radiowave propagation and scattering is one of the essential knowledge in the design of modern radio devices and applications. The present course gives comprehensive overview of theoretical foundation to the radiowave propagation and scattering, as well as hands-on experience of testing the theories in practice. Welcome!
Overview of the course
Please refer to the overview slide set for more details.
- Responsible teacher: Katsuyuki Haneda, email@example.com, https://people.aalto.fi/index.html#katsuyuki_haneda, Room C318, Otakaari 5A.
- Teacher: Usman Tahir Virk, firstname.lastname@example.org, Room C221, Otakaari 5A.
- Teacher: Miah Md. Suzan, email@example.com, https://people.aalto.fi/new/md.miah, Room C224c, Otakaari 5A
The books by Richards and Molisch are available from Aalto library as an e-book.
- Saunders: Antennas and Propagation for Wireless Communication Systems, Chapters 3, 5, 6-8, 10, 12 15, Wiley.
- Bertoni: Radio propagation for modern wireless systems, Chapters 2-6, Prentice Hall.
- Richards: Radio wave propagation : an introduction for the non-specialist, Chapter 3, Springer, https://aalto.finna.fi/Record/alli.548096
- Molisch: Wireless communications, Chapter 1, 5 and 8, Wiley, https://aalto.finna.fi/Record/alli.686926
Summary of acquired points and grades are summarized here.