Welcome to the Startup Experience starting in January 2017.
As an entrepreneur you have two main tasks:
- Discover what your customers and users value and then create that value for them.
- Set up and run a small organization to achieve goal number 1.
In the course you will become part of a team that - in parallel - works on creating value for customers and manages the team as if it was a start-up.
The Startup Experience course is open to all Aalto Master's level students. It is also part of the AVP Minor.
The course is open for both individual students as well as students teams. If you have your own entrepreneurial idea you can work on that is the course project. If you do not have an idea, then you will come up with a sound business idea together with your team and then then work on that idea.
To complete your registration for Startup Experience you must do the following:
1. Register through Oodi as usual (deadline: 8.1.2017).
2. Upload your CV at: https://mycourses.aalto.fi/mod/forum/view.php?id=175927
3. Fill in the separate course registration form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeVtwGLSJImxB2yN0jJ_oLVuSch8puo1hA84hcAeDIHDQeJiw/viewform
Max number of students: 50
Registration priority order:
1) students for whom the course is mandatory
2) students that have signed up for the AVP Minor (if you have not yet done so, you can find the information here).
3) All other students, we will favor study topic and skill diversity when possible in the selections.
For more information on the course, contact Håkan Mitts, Olli-Pekka Mutanen or Kalle Airo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other course information
The course is very intensive and the workload will be high. To get the most out of the course, you should not take a major project course in parallel with the Startup Experience. You have been warned.
This video where last year's students discuss their course experience gives you a liitle taster of what to expect.
Even though the aim of the course is not to create new businesses, some students have gone on from the course to actually work on the ideas that they developed during the course. Here are a couple of examples:
For effective course communication we have set up a special Facebook group. The group is https://www.facebook.com/groups/startupexperience2017/.
The teaching sessions will be held at AVP Space (TUAS Building, Otanimentie 17) on Tuesdays at 0915 and On Thursdays at 1415.