The course aims to address the following questions:
- What is the current supervision process in your department?
- What information should be included in a MSc thesis and where?
- What are the steps and milestones in the thesis writing process?
- What resources are available for supervisors to aid the process?
- How to supervise topics from industry?
- How to avoid crises and procrastination in the thesis process?
CS 1 Wednesday 23.8.2017 at 9.00-12.00
CS 2 Thursday 28.9.2017 at 12.00-15.00
CS 3 Wednesday 8.11.2017 at 9.00-12.00
CS 4 Tuesday 5.12.2017 at 9.00-12.00
CS 5 Thursday 25.1.2018 at 9.00-12.00
CS 6 Thursday 1.3.2018 at 9.00-12.00
CS 7 Tuesday 10.4.2018 at 9.00-12.00
Follow-up meeting (for those who will do 5 credits)
Wednesday 9.5.2018 at 9.00-12.00 in Majakka (M140), Otakaari 1
Course location classroom Majakka (M140) in Otakaari 1
(except on Tuesday 5.12.2017 elsewhere - this session in TUAS-building (Maarintie 8), seminar room TU6)
Kirsti Keltikangas, pedagogical specialist, Aalto SCI / Teacher in charge
Mikko Inkinen, Study Psychologist, Learning Services
Ken Pennington, Lecturer of English, Language Centre
Jan-Mikael Rybicki, Lecturer of English, Language Centre
Majakka M140, Otakaari 1, Espoo