In autumn 2017 the courses focuses on virtual reality and augmented reality technologies in education. The course is organized in collaboration with Learning Center, where Valeria Gryada is organizing support for these technologies.
The tentative schedule is, as follows.
- Sep 18th, Lecture, Starting session (Lauri Malmi)
- Sep 25th, Lecture, Valeria Gryada, Virtual and augmented reality in education
- Sep 30th, Submission: Project idea
- Oct 2rd, Lecture, Valeria Gryada, Virtual and augmented reality tools and software
- Oct 5th, Submission: Reading task
- Oct 9th, Lecture, Juha Sorva: Cognitivism vs. constructivism
(some perspectives on instructional design),
- Oct 16th. Lecture, Lauri Malmi: Some guidelines for multimedia
- Nov 6th, 16-20, Lecture, Lauri Malmi: Some general design aspects
- Midterm demos, Presentation and discussion of draft projects
- Nov 22nd, Submission: Draft learning module for peer review
- Nov 29th: Submission: Peer review report
- Dec 4th, 16-20, Final demos
- Dec 18th, Submission: Final report and learning module
The course begins on Monday September 18th at 4pm in lecture hall T5 in CS building.
The number of participants is limited to 20.
Note. The course does not consider machine learning technologies.