This is the MyCourses page for course CSE-E5800 User-Centered Methods for Product and Service Design (5 cr).
The first lecture is on 11.9.2017! Participation is compulsory to be admitted to the course.
NB! There are no prerequisites for this course.
Participation to all lectures is strongly advised.
- To be able to explain and apply methods for usability research emphasising
- methods for user research in the in the beginning of the user-centred design process in gathering user requirements for development
- tools and methods for analysing qualitative data
- usability evaluation methods, both with and without users.
- To be able to search for relevant scientific publications.
- To be able to write academically and reference properly.
The course has two main activities:
1 ) Read through the provided materials (+1) on user research methodology and write a reflective essay. After writing the essay you must also read and peer review three your fellow students' essays.2) In groups of four students to:
- Conduct a small observation and interview study
- Analysing your findings and present (pitch) your results