Few things about the project work
- form: 15 min presentation to your group
- based on the home assignments, so you do not need to do much new work (if you do not want to)
- main thing is that you make a nice story out of the selected topics, with clear research question or two (i.e. the most interesting things you want to concentrate a bit more - the idea is NOT that you just scroll through all your home assignments)
- it would be good also if you could reflect your findings with the literature within the presentation
- you need to present it to your peer-group within 15 min (strict), so you get practice of presenting research and also it gives you an opportunity to discuss about your findings
- you can do the presentation with power point, prezi or any other software
- I am happy to discuss about it more whenever needed.
please fill out the doodle after you have agreed the time with your group (see below) - max 3 groups can present at the same time:
You can find the peer groups for the project work presentations below:
|North America||Ambika, Chun, Suvi, Roope||Tue 22nd: 12:00-14:30||Room 106 (Ilmari)|
|Europe, Central Asia||(Eero A.), Esra, Jan, Petra, Sara ||Tue 22nd: 09:30-12:00||Room 106 (Ilmari)|
|Asia||Eero H., Elisa, Frank, Maria||Tue 22nd: 12:00-14:30||Room 109 (Dora)|
|Africa||(Enni), Irene, Kia, Matti, Jingsi|| Tue 22nd: 12:00-14:30 ||Room 108 (Jaakko)|
|Australia, S America||Alina, Ha, Magda, Markku, (Nanami)||Tue 22nd: 14:30-17:00||Room 106 (Ilmari)|
(people in brackets will present later)
Each group member will give max 15 min (strict!) presentation about their project, followed by 10 min discussion.
The presentation should include following parts:
- short introduction to project area
- research questions
- main findings
- discussion and conclusions
Please keep the introduction very short, to have enough time for the main findings. Idea is that those findings are based on your home assingments, and in the presentation you collect the most interesting findings and make a nice story out of them.
You can use what ever programme you want to do the presentation. If you have energy and time, you can consider in learning a new programme. But do not stress about it, you can use the one you are most familiar with.
The evaluation of the presentation will be based on following questions:
- How coherent the overall story was?
- How clear were the research questions?
- Quality of illustrations and graphs
- How well linked to the issues dealt within the course?
- How well presented?
The grade is an average of self-evaluation, peer-evaluation and teacher evaluation.
How to make a good presentation?
Each one of us have our own style to present things, and you should not change that. But there are some general tips for how to make a good presentation - below is given one video that I found useful:
Practicalities of presenting the presentation
- We'll have a laptop from which you can present the presentation that needs computer. If you have other format of presentation, please inform us.
- Once your presentation is ready, please upload it to MyCourses, using the link at the bottom of the section. If you use Prezi, just provide the link to us. Upload your presentation at least 30 min before the presentation time starts.
- Reherse the presentation before the event
- Come to venue at least 15 minutes before the presentations start
Project work presentations
You can download all the project work presentations from below: