The theme lecture is available at the following web-page:
The following material is used in the hands-on exercise with the lecture. Please download the files to your computer (right-click - save as...).
lecture 5 demo script: demo5.mlx
Discover water scarcity trends in your study area
- please develop your own research question
- produce EITHER one page infographic or 'tradional' one page pdf (A4/A3) with following structure: a) title; b) research question and short introduction; c) maps, graphs, etc of the results with captions d) interpretation of the results
- you can get help to possible problems by a) searching from internet: there are many people with similar problems; b) posting question to the discussion forum of the course (tool below the text; teachers and other students will be answering to those questions); c) coming to Thursday workshop, or d) asking your fellow students directly
- once you are happy with the end result, please submit the work (see below Submission)
Graph types: stacked area graph (http://www.datavizcatalogue.com/methods/stacked_area_graph.html) or similar graph to illustrate changes over time
- water scarcity trajectory over time
- drivers (i.e. water use sectors) of water scarcity over time
- stress, shortage or both - implications?
- comparison of project area water scarcity to other area or global trends
Submission: please submit the assignment by using the submission icon below.
On Thursday we have a workshop in the A046, in where you can get help on the home assignment and project work.