The theme lecture is available at the following web-page:
The following material is used in the hands-on exercise with the lecture. Please download the files to your computer (right-click - save as...).
gridded data: raster_input_week6.mat
socioeconomic indicators: governance_index.xlsx
These data are for year 2015; data for year 1990 available from the supporting material tab!
lecture 6 demo script: demo6.mlx
Discover socio-economics in your study area
- please develop your own research question
- produce EITHER one page infographic or 'tradional' one page pdf (A4/A3) with following structure: a) title; b) research question and short introduction; c) maps, graphs, etc of the results with captions d) interpretation of the results
- you can get help to possible problems by a) searching from internet: there are many people with similar problems; b) posting question to the discussion forum of the course (tool below the text; teachers and other students will be answering to those questions); c) coming to Thursday workshop, or d) asking your fellow students directly
- once you are happy with the end result, please submit the work (see below Submission)
Ideas for research questions:
- composition of adaptive capacity and vulnerability
- adaptive capacity vs vulnerability - differences across the project area (you can calculate resilience by subtracting the vulnerability from adaptive capacity)
- population distribution in relation to adaptive capacity and vulnerability
- change over time in adaptive capacity and vulnerability (data for year 1990 available from supporting material)
Submission: please submit the assignment by using the submission icon below.
On Thursday we have a workshop at A046 in where you can get help on the home assignment and project work.