For the supervisor
At the Beginning:
- Does the student have an instructor who familiar with these course instructions, and is able to tutor the student both on subject matters and on scientific writing? Assign a secondary instructor if needed.
- Is the 1st part of the special assignment plan written and sent to you for your approval? Have you personally met the student and signed the plan?
In the End:
- Has the evaluation been done according to these guidelines?
- Have you sent the evaluation form for the study attainment record to firstname.lastname@example.org for Oodi registration?
- Have you sent the completed evaluation form to the teacher in charge of the course? You approve the grade yourself, and report it to Oodi; the teacher in charge of the course only oversee the general evaluation line.
For the instructor
Have you guided your student to the course instructions found here in MyCourses?
- Ask the student to go though the instructions and this checklist.
Has the topic been approved by the supervisor?
the 1st part of the special assignment plan with the student and sign it. Ask
the student to get the signature from the supervisor.
Have you met the student and planned the work in more detail?
- Write the work plan with the student during the first two weeks of the assignment.
- Discuss with the student about his/her experiences from the B.Sc Thesis work, and previous special assignments or similar projects (communication, supervision, writing skills, strengths and interests, feedback from the previous instructors, etc.).
on the learning goals and ways of work and fill the 2nd part of the
- Ask the student to send the signed plan to -- Submission of the plan with 1st and 2nd part filled.
Does the report fulfill the formal requirements?
- Check the requirements for the cover page, abstract and preface.
- If necessary, ask the student to consult a technical writing guide (some suggested here)
Have you done the evaluation of the work according to the guidelines?
- Please, use these guidelines to sustain a common basis for evaluations.
Have you signed and given the evaluation to the student?
- Ask the student to give the signed evaluation report to the supervisor with the final report and the 3rd part of the plan form.
Have you given in-person feedback to the
- It is important to encourage the student and help him/her forward, and the evaluation form is no substitute for it.