digitalisation and new technologies: blockchain, platforms, big data and data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence;
- new regulations: regulation to open the financial markets for competition (entry barriers are traditionally high), to easen investments and to stabilize financial markets (more players, less systemic risk);
- rapidly changing global landscape: Fintech start-ups and large tech companies (FB, Google, Amazon, Alibaba) are challenging traditional banks and financial institutions. According to PwC report 2017, financial services could lose as much as 40% of revenue to Fintech firms.
The seminar provides a holistic view on how these factors are powerfully reshaping and redefining the financial industry. The outcome is unknown.
Several topical subjects will be presented by Finnish top experts in Fintech, representing both incumbents and start-up companies. The seminar is free and open to everyone. The language is English. WELCOME!
- 1 credits for attendance of at least 4 seminar sessions and lecture diaries on these sessions. The deadline for the lecture diaries is 5.12.2017.
- 3 credits for attendance of 4 seminar sessions and a little essay of 10 pages; the deadline for the 3 cr essays is 20.12.
- Please find more instructions on page 'Passing the course'.
The course is graded passed/failed.
The seminars will be organized weekly in November 2017: on Wednesdays 1.11., 8.11., 15.11., 22.11. and Tuesday 28.11. at 16.15-18.00 at Aalto Otaniemi campus, Lecture Hall TU2, TUAS building. Maarintie 8. All five seminars are free-of-charge and open to the public.
Wednesday 1.11. at 16.15-18.30
Kirsi Larkiala, Grannenfelt Finance: Introduction to Fintech
Bo Harald, Real Time Economy Program: Real Time Economy - Ecosystems needed for Fintech
Lasse Mäkelä, Invesdor: Digital Fundraising at its best
Wednesday 8.11. at 16.15-18.00
Kristian Luoma, OP Bank: New business opportunities in Finance industry
Mikael Rautanen, Inderes: Inderes: digitalizing information flow between companies and investors
Wednesday 15.11. at 16.15-18.00
Jarkko Turunen, Nordea: Close the gap to the future;
The promise of Open Banking
Jussi Kallasvuo, Evervest: Robo-advice and
Investment Service Automation
Wednesday 22.11. at 16.15-18.00
Jeremias Kangas, Localbitcoins: How does Bitcoin work and how to build services around it
Henry Brade, Prasos: Presentation on Bitcoin trading
Tuesday 28.11. at 16.15-18.00
Philip Relander, Bearingpoint: RegTech - How BearingPoint helps to ensure Financial Services' Sustainability in a complex World
Risto Virkkala, Alexander Yin, TCG: Presentation on Mobile Payment and AliPay (AliBaba)
Please, for further information contact:
ruth.kailaATaalto.fi, School of Science, Department of Industrial Engineering and Management