Welcome to the School of Science Master's Thesis infopages!
You can submit your thesis for evaluation at the same time when submitting the request for degree certificate. The date of approval of the thesis will be the deadline for submitting the applications, although the approval of the thesis will not be processed by the Degree Programme Committee until after the deadline for submitting theses and applications for evaluation.
Example: It is possible for you to graduate on 31 December 2021, because the official date of acceptance of the thesis will be registered as 31 December 2021, even though your master’s thesis will be processed by the Degree Programme Committee in January. The deadline for
submitting the degree certificate request is the official date of
graduation, which will be printed on the degree certificate.
|Deadlines for submitting applications
||Programme committee meetings
|Thur 31.12.2020||week 4 (25.-28.1.2021)|
|Mon 22.2.2021||week 11 (15.-18.3.2021)|
|Mon 26.4.2021||week 20 (17.-20.5.2021)|
|Mon 24.5.2021||week 24 (14.-17.6.2021)|
|Fri 30.7.2021||week 34 (23.-26.8.2021)|
|Mon 27.9.2021||week 42 (18.-21.10.2021)|
|Mon 22.11.2021||week 50 (13.-16.12.2021)|
|Fri 31.12.2021||January 2022|
FormsPreferably, do not use MacOS Preview application to fill in the form, because it can cause problems with forms. Use Acrobat Reader DC instead.
- 206 Request for approval of topic of master’s thesis (pdf). Submit the signed form to email@example.com or as an attachment in eAge system.
- Thesis presentation form (pdf)
- 207 Approval and grading of the thesis (eAge system)
Make sure you have sent exactly the same version to your supervisor for evaluation.
- 110 Request for degree certificate (eAge system) or here Graduation (into.aalto.fi)
- After you and your supervisor have agreed on the topic of the thesis:
- Submit the master’s thesis topic application (form 206).
- When you think your thesis is almost ready:
- Check that the thesis topic is valid (it is valid for one year from the date of approval).
- Present your thesis. The last possible date to complete the thesis presentation is the deadline of application.
- Ask your supervisor if she/he wants a bound copy of the thesis.
- When your thesis is ready (your supervisor approves the thesis to be submitted):
- Submit the eAge form "207 Approval and grading of the thesis" and upload the thesis in PDF/A format in the system. Make sure it is the final version. Send exactly the same version to your supervisor for evaluation.
- If you are graduating, submit also the form "110 Request for a degree certificate".
Remember that you have to be enrolled as attending.