For the supervisors
This page contains useful information for SCI thesis supervisors.
Where do I send the thesis statement?
All thesis statements in School of Science can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address is taken into use in February 2023 and it replaces email@example.com. You will be notified by Learning Services if your student has submitted their thesis after each submission deadline (see Deadlines), but you can send your statements there anytime as soon as they are ready.
Useful guidelines for thesis evaluation
- Guidelines for master’s thesis evaluation (pdf, opens in new tab)
- Typical characterization of theses grades (pdf, opens in new tab)
- Recommendation of the Academic Appeals Board on master’s thesis supervision (pdf)
- SCI Maturity test instructions for supervisors, master's level (pdf)
Download the SCI Statement template (docx) for thesis supervisors above. SCI statement template was created to be used in all programmes. CCIS programme created another template based on the common one in 2022 for their own use.
Using this template helps you to include all necessary information needed for a good statement. If you choose to use other template, make sure your statement includes the following information:
- Degree programme name
- Student’s name
- Thesis title
- Supervisor's name
- Supervisor's signature
- Second reviewer's signature if the proposed grade is 1 or 5.
The last possible date to complete the thesis presentation is the deadline for submitting theses and applications for evaluation. Student's deadlines for submitting theses are on page Deadlines.
Guidelines in Finnish