Welcome to the home page of the course 21E12002 Creative Sustainability Capstone! Here you can find general information about the course. If you become interested and would like to be admitted to the course as a student, please follow the instructions below.
During the course students work in multidisciplinary teams towards finding creative solutions to real-life social and environmental challenges brought by client organisations. This year we are proposing projects with the following organizations:
- Compensate Foundation (Critical steps for individual’s CO2 compensation to become an essential tool in the fight against climate change)
- Elisa Oyj (Strategy execution - Elisa is trustworthy corporate citizen)
- Fazer Lifestyle Foods (Consumer behaviour towards plant-based eating)
- KPMG (Defining Corporate Citizenship strategy at KPMG Finland)
- LiiKe – Sports and Development and PBL East Africa (Using Physical Education as a lever to improve health and learning outcomes in Tanzanian Schools)
- Posti Group (Developing sustainability communications)
- Qheat (Market entry in the energy industry)
- Smart & Clean Foundation (Measuring and scaling up impacts of change projects)
The team members are expected to work intensively together during the course. They will also be meeting with the representatives of the client organizations. Each team will receive a tutor to guide them during the projects. The class will come together for five mandatory contact sessions over the course of the Capstone. Other than this, there will be no organized contact sessions, but teams may use the course hours indicated in Oodi for team meetings, client meetings and tutoring sessions.
For more details about the course (including workload, evaluation, and schedule), please see the course syllabus (you can find it close to the top right corner of the page, in Finnish it is called 'kurssiesite').
If you would like to apply to the course, please do the following:
- Sign in to the course via Oodi on 10.12.2018 at the latest.
- After you have signed in to the course in Oodi, you can access the project descriptions (on this MyCourses website). Study the descriptions and decide which projects would be the most interesting ones for you.
- After signing in to the course in Oodi you will also have access to the form where you can submit your application (on this MyCourses website). Complete your application on 10.12.2018 at the latest.
- You will be informed about whether or not you are accepted to the course on 20.12.2018 at the latest.
NOTE for exchange students: We are aware that it is often not possible for incoming exchange students to comply with this timetable. Exchange students arriving to Aalto University School of Business from other universities for Spring 2019 may enquire about potential availability of remaining student places from email@example.com if they cannot meet this deadline.
NOTE for students of Software and Service Engineering: Instead of applying through the procedure described above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org on 10.12.2018 at the latest.
Announcements (you will also receive these in your e-mail) Forum