Compulsory readings before class:
- Chapter 5 The Influence of Arousal
- Chapter 9 The Effect of Expectations
Student presentation paper:
- Lerner, J. S., Small, D. A., & Loewenstein, G. (2004). Heart strings and purse strings. Carryover effects of emotions on economic decisions. Psychological Science, 15, 337-341.
- Simonson, I. (1989). Choice based on reasons: The case of attraction and compromise effects. Journal of Consumer Research, 16, 158-174.
- Hofmann, W., Baumeister, R. F., & Vohs, K. D. (2012). Everyday temptations: an experience sampling study of desire, conflict, and self-control. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 102, 1318-35.
- Simonson, I. (1992). The influence of anticipating regret and responsibility on purchase decisions. Journal of Consumer Research, 19, 105-118.
- Shiv, B. & Fedorikhin, A., 1999. Hear and Mind in Conflict: The Interplay of Affect and Cognition in Consumer Decision Making. Journal of Consumer Research, 26(3), pp.278–292.