Session 1: Course introduction
- course introduction
- learning goals, skills, and pedagogy
- course practicalities (assignments and assessment)
- why people management?
- understanding the field of HRM
- discussion of the pre-assignment
- Pucik, V., Evans, P., Björkman,
I., and Morris, S. (2017). The Global
Challenge: International Human Resource Management. Chicago: Chicago
Business Press. Third edition, Chapter 1.
Submit an individual reflection paper in which you reflect on the learning from your reading of the assigned literature for each session. For each chapter and article the paper should contain:
1. Own learning points (i.e. what did YOU learn when reading the material)
2. Questions/issues that you would like to discuss during the session, as well as reasons why you think these questions/issues are worthy of discussion.
Format: 200-250 words per chapter/article