Session 6: Role of HRM in post-acquisition integration: Case Adecco
- the main HR challenges in Adecco’s post-acquisition integration phase
- the changes implemented in the new Adecco to overcome the sentiments of ‘us vs them’ between the acquisition parties
- HR staffing as an industry
- In-class assignment: Case 3
- Guest: Sami Itani, HR Director, Adecco Finland
- Pucik, V., Evans, P., Björkman, I., and Morris, S. (2017). Global Challenge: International Human Resource Management. Chicago: Chicago Business Press. Third edition, Chapter 12.
- Harding, D. and Rouse, T. (2007) Human due diligence. Harvard Business Review, Vol. 85, Iss. 4, pp. 124-131.
Submit an individual reflection paper in which you reflect on the learning from your reading of the assigned literature for each session. For each chapter and article the paper should contain:
1. Own learning points (i.e. what did YOU learn when reading the material)
2. Questions/issues that you would like to discuss during the session, as well as reasons why you think these questions/issues are worthy of discussion.
Format: 200-250 words per chapter/article
Please upload your solutions to the case here.
Format: 3-5 PowerPoint slides
Please note that you have 30 min. to complete this assignment.