This course focuses on learning how to effectively communicate one's strengths and professional capacities, utilizing product development methods to build learning goals and a portfolio. Professional Development is a part of the Aaltonaut product development minor program, but now open to non-Aaltonaut students as well. Within the Aaltonaut program, it's integrated with the Communication Skills to enhance learning and professional skills.
In practice, completing the course requires taking part in at least 6 workshops (or equivalent replacement tasks) and completing the learning portfolio assignments. Independently working to create the portfolio forms the majority of working hours for this course.
Workshops are organised on Monday afternoons, and their times will be announced in the MyCourses environment.
- January 2019: Learning and CV&Interviewing workshops, video interviewing task
- February 2019: Needfinding&portfolio workshop and independent working
- March 2019: Independent working on homework assignments
- April 2019: Prototyping workshop, creating a draft portfolio
- May 2019: Rat Relay workshops, portfolio presentations (=Workshops 5-8)
- June 2019: Final portfolio due
You can find workshop materials afterwards from the "For Aalto users" section.
- Being able to effectively communicate one's strengths and professional capacities
- Finding one’s own academic and professional interests and taking initiative in one’s own learning
- Planning and prototyping one's own professional development