WELCOME to Digital Lab Safety Course
The course consists of virtual lab space and digital exam:
both the virtual lab space and digital exam are now OPEN.
In order to pass the course you need to:
1. Sign into the course in WebOODI
- If you were not present (officially signed-in) in Aalto during the Autumn term and WebOODI does not allow you to sign in, please send your full name and Student ID to University Lecturer Kirsi Yliniemi by email (email@example.com), she can then manually sign you in to the course.
2. Use the link found from MyCourses / Virtual Lab & Exam and follow it to the Virtual Lab Space
(NOTE! The Virtual Lab and Exam space with the link to Virtual Lab open now).
3. Read material and watch videos in the Virtual Lab space. Make the mini-games for fun.
The estimated time you need to learn the material is appr. 2-3 h.
You can move in Virtual Lab Space by using the mouse or touch screen. Remember "to look around" in every lab space, i.e. rotate 360 degrees to see all the action points available.
Click open the icons, read the material or watch the videos. There are also some mini games which you can do, just for fun (and learning).
- NOTE! Some Action Points may be hard to read due to transparent background. We are working on it. In that case, highlight the text with the mouse and it will be easier to read.
- Visit the following 5 lab spaces and check the material there:
- SUN 1, Sun Corridor, SUN 2, FLaSH, ICe CuBe
- You can enter each of these lab spaces in Virtual Laboratory by clicking the EXIT sign toawrds the corridor/lab space
4. Pass the digital exam in MyCourses
You can have the Virtual Lab Safety space open at the same time as you take the exam in MyCourses.
The point of the exam is not to remember details but understand why certain ways are safe and why certain ones are not.
The exam will be automatically corrected, i.e. you will immediately know if you passed the exam.
You can also take the exam as many times you like. Every time you will get a new set of questions.
(NOTE! Exam available now).
5.After the first week of each study period, the information of the students who have passed the digital lab safety course will be sent to study register.
6. PLEASE PROVIDE US FEEDBACK AFTER YOU HAVE PASSED THE COURSE: THIS IS EXTREMLY VALUABLE AS YOU WILL BE THE FIRST ONES TO MAKE THIS COURSE DIGITALLY.
This course is a compulsory requirement for making any lab courses in CHEM school. You need to pass the course if you have NOT done any of the following courses:
CHEM-A1010 Turvallinen työskentely laboratoriossa
CHEM-A1200 Kemiallinen rakenne ja sitoutuminen