- Core concepts: Structure, bonding, synthesis, and characterization of solid state materials.
- Core practical skills: Use of crystal structure databases, visualization of crystal structures, interpretation of phase diagrams,
and phase identification with powder X-ray diffraction data.
- Application of the above core concepts and skills to various main group compounds and transition metal compounds.
- Teacher: Antti Karttunen (email@example.com).
- Course begins on Monday 25.2. at 12:15 in Computer class 1 (B016).
- The teaching sessions consist of a lecture part and practical exercises.
- The course includes also independent project work that will be carried out using Aalto Solid State Chemistry Wiki.