In this course, we will learn to use the fire dynamics calculations and simulations for safety assessment, to perform evacuation simulations, and to carry out fire risk analysis of a proposed fire safety solution.
Course program by weeks
- (37): Fire risk analysis and fire statistics
- (38): Evacuation simulations, fire toxicity, ASET/RSET -analysis
- (39): Quantitative Risk Assessment / Dr. Adam Krasuski, Main School of Fire Service, Warsaw
- (40): Evacuation continues
- Tuesday: Evacuation drill documentation
- Toxicity in FDS+Evac, human behaviour
- (41): Performance-based fire safety design
- Tuesday: No lecture. Homework support available 11-12.
- Friday: Performance-based fire safety design.
- (42): Fire-PRA applications
- Tuesday 9:15-10:00: Fire-PRA of Nuclear Power Plants / Matti Lehto, Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority (STUK)
- Tuesday 10:15-11:00: Fire and evacuation analyses of passenger ships / Juhani Nurmi, Meyer Ship Yards, Turku
- Friday: No teaching
- (43): Project work role plays