This is the MyCourses page for course CSE-E5800 User-Centered Methods for Product and Service Design (5 cr).
The first lecture is on Monday 10.9.2018 at 10:15 Lecture Hall T2
Participation in the first lecture is compulsory to be admitted to the course.
NB! There are no prerequisites for this course.
Participation to all lectures is strongly advised.
The course has been promised additional resources and we may admit more than the original 60 students.
Please be present at the first or second lecture (10.9. & 17.9.) to confirm your registration to the course.
- To be able to explain and apply methods for usability research emphasising
- methods for user research in the in the beginning of the user-centred design process in gathering user requirements for development
- tools and methods for analysing qualitative data
- usability evaluation methods, both with and without users.
- To be able to search for relevant scientific publications.
- To be able to write academically and reference properly.
The course has two main activities:
1 ) Read through the provided materials (+1) on user research methodology and write a reflective essay. After writing the essay you must also read and peer review three your fellow students' essays.2) In groups of 3-4 students to:
- Conduct a small observation and interview field study
- Analysing your findings and present your results