Translational Engineering Forum addresses practical product development and conceptual design of electronic systems including ICs, sensors, communication devices and embedded software. The course reviews the trends for emerging devices and opportunities for new products, product and technology development processes and knowledge base needed for new device creation. In addition to lectures the course contains exercises such as device teardown and concept definition.
The course consists of lectures given by professors Raimo Sepponen, Mervi Paulasto-Kröckel, and Simo Särkkä, along with several guest lecturers from industry and academy. In exercise sessions the concepts learned in lectures are applied in small exercise works. The exercises are led by Dr. Zenith Purisha.
- Lectures: Tuesdays in 17:15-19:00 in room 2190 at Micronova.
- Exercises: Wednesdays in 14:15-16:00 in room 2191 at Micronova.
The first lecture is on 11th of September in 17:15-19:00 and the first exercise session is on 12th September in 14:15-16:00.
- You should attend all the lectures and
- If you cannot attend, then contact Zenith Purisha firstname.lastname@example.org in the same day.
- Missed lecture/exercise can be compensated with the extra exercises Zenith will then assign.
- You need to write reports based on the
- The deadlines for the reports can be found in course announcements.
- The course will be graded based on the returned reports
Lecture slides are available in "Lecture Slides" section (provided that you are logged in from Aalto).
- 11.9. Raimo Sepponen: Translational engineering - what?
- 12.9. Exercise session
- 18.9. Raimo Sepponen: Translational engineering - cases
- 19.9. Exercise session
- 25.9. Janne Haverinen: From research to product - case IndoorAtlas
- 26.9. Exercise session
- 2.10. Simo Särkkä: Embedded software point of view
- 3.10. Exercise session
- 9.10. Simo Särkkä: Software engineering
- 10.10. Exercise session
- 16.10. Ivan Vujaklija: Embedded systems in advanced secondary industries
- 17.10. Exercise session
- 23-24.10. (Exam week, no lecture or exercise)
- 30.10. Sami Franssila: Economics of microfabrication
- 31.10. Exercise session
- 6.11. Mervi Paulasto-Kröckel: MEMS and electronics integration
- 7.11. Exercise session
- 13.11. Panu Koppinen/ Tikitin & Temmo Pitkänen/Chipital: Case study of MEMS spin-off and an electronics consulting company
- 14.11. Exercise session
- 20.11. Jukka Voutilainen: From Research to Business: Case Voyantic
- 21.11. Exercise session
- 27.11. Harri Hallila.: Synoste - Journey of an Aalto spin-off
- 28.11. Exercise session