Welcome to our course (Sales in practice) on November 26-28.
Our schedule will be
Monday 26.11. @ 9-12 training @ Aalto (TUAS Library)
Monday 26.11. @ 13-17 field experiment
Tuesday 27.11. @ 9-12 training @ Aalto (TUAS Library)
Tuesday 27.11. @ 13-17 field experiment
Wednesday 28.11. @ 9-11 field experiment
Wednesday 28.11. @ 12-16 training @ Aalto (TUAS Library)
Field Experiment guidelines:
- You can do your field training in advance but best is if you can set up your buying/sales meeting for the field experiment times above
- Select a company to experiment buying from. The company should sell complex solutions. Below are some examples of these types of companies.
- Edutech companies (for Aalto / AVP use)
- Marketing automation companies (for your venture use)
- MaaS (DriveNow, K-Caara, Whim, ...) (for your own / company use)
- Approach your selected company as if you were buying goods from them
- Educate yourself of what they sell as well as possible
- Prepare yourself as a buyer
- Conduct vendor meeting (buying)
- Make notes in the meeting for your information
- Approach them actively multichannel
- try to find out how the selling works “under the hood”
- Report how the meeting went from the seller side
- How engaging was their opening?
- Did they ask you the right types of questions?
- How did they react to your objections?
- What went well?
- What should they improve on?
- report the use of sales technology (webinars, configurators, calculators, etc)
- In class, you will pitch and role play how your competing company will do the sales better