To complete this unit you need to
- Watch the video lectures
- Read the materials for the written assignment 2 (optional)
- Complete the unit 3 discussion forum task
- Return written assignment 2 (optional)
- View the model answer for written assignment 2 and instructors comment's to written assignment 2 (optional)
- Participate in the seminar (optional)
- Participate in the computer class (optional)
- Submit data analysis assignment 1 (mandatory)
The unit discusses assumptions and principles behind regression analysis. After this unit, you should
- Understand that all statistical techniques make assumptions, of which some are empirically testable and others are not, and that some assumptions are more important than others.
- Understand how log transformation can be applied to model non-linear, relative effects
- Have a basic understanding of the concept of endogeneity and why it is a serious challenge for non-experimental research.
- Have a basic understanding of how and why regression results can be visualized using marginal prediction plots.
- Understand the relationship between linear model and correlation matrix and also understand why understanding this relationship is very useful when learning about linear models such as regression.