1. What aspects of the film impressed you? How do these aspects relate to the film’s theme?
2. How do you understand the argument of the article and the argument of the film? How do they challenge and/or complement each other?
3. Describe cinematic techniques used in presenting particular scenes, images, or sounds in the film that appeal to the viewer’s emotions and/or sensorial experiences. As an aid, you can refer to cinematic techniques described in the following guide: https://www.scribd.com/document/289658118/Cinematic-Techniques-Intro-1Hand in your reflection in MyCourses.
Pre-Readings are available in Materials
Good practices for writing the individual reflections:
- It’s a reflection! Use your own words and ideas.
- It’s a product of a learning process! If you wish, you are welcome to draw on the topics that we discussed in class, on the slides and extra materials, and on the pre-readings or other texts that you find elsewhere (with appropriate referencing), and use your own thinking to compare, contrast, react to these.
- It’s individual and an original text! Using other sources is fine, provided that you refer to them or cite them. Do not copy-paste others' ideas.