Lecture 1: Orientation towards Master's thesis, practical info, 29.10., 16:15-18, TU1 (Maarintie 8)
Lecture 2: Career Development Planning, 8.11., 14:15-15:45, T2 (Konemiehentie 2)
- How to identify a personally compelling future and make an action plan. The session consists of an interactive workshop and discussions in small groups. Career counseling psychologist Seija Leppänen
- This session has a pre-assignment: Please see materials tab.
Lecture 3: An Introduction to Job Search Channels/Networks, 15.11., 14:15-15:45, T2
14:15 – 15.00 Tips for Job hunting documents and Job Interviews
Annukka Tervo, Group Director, Mercuri Urval
15.00 – 15.30 Brand yourself better
Saku Tihveräinen, Recruiter, Cinia Oy
15.30 – 15.45 Feedback about FairMate app / pre-assignment
Sanna Wennerstrand, Communications Manager, Codemate Oy
- This session has a pre-assignment: Please see materials tab and note that the pre-assignment is done during TalentIT.
Lecture 4: Finnish Working Culture and Labour Market Organizations, 22.11., 14:15-15:45, U356 (Otakaari 1, Undergraduate centre)
- In this interactive session, we will go through some of the peculiarities of the Finnish working culture and looking for a job in Finland. Career Coach Eva Lindström, Academic Engineers and Architects in Finland (TEK)
Lecture 5: Introduction to (Academic) Entrepreneurship, 29.11., 14:15-15:45, T2
- Entrepreneurship as a career.
- Sharing perspectives and experiences about being an entrepreneur and combining studies and entrepreneurship.
ICT Innovation Internship event (only students in Master's programme in ICT Innovation)
TalentIT 1.11.2018, fairs.aalto.fi/talentit/en (see more info also below)
Arena Career Fair 14.11.2018, fairs.aalto.fi/arena
My Career in Finland date tba
Contact Forum 24.1.2019, www.contactforum.fi
Thu 25 Oct 2018 at 16:15-17:15, TUAS building, h. TU1, Maarintie 8. TalentIT Career Fair on 1 Nov, 2018 at 11:00-17:00 in Otahalli, offers an extensive and diverse overview of the employers, career opportunities and development of the ICT sector. At this pre-event we will tell you how to get the most out of this fair and especially how to approach employers.
Thu 1 Nov 2018 at 11:00-17:00, Otahalli, Otaranta 6,
Welcome all Aalto students to Finland’s biggest ICT recruitment and career fair! TalentIT is an excellent opportunity to network with a wide range of professionals and to find a new job or internship.
The new TalentX area (provided by AYY) offers hackathons, mini- cases, measuring of problem-solving skills, and testing of work-related competencies in interviews. These various action points serve for example as a pathway to the actual job interview.
Career Forum area provides Aalto students with multiple job search services from editing the CV and LinkedIn profile to giving tips to interviews and video CV. In addition, students can also book bilateral meetings with interesting exhibitors.
Prepare also TalentIT meetings with Brella networking tool. Book your Snap Meeting here.