This course is intended to 2. year USchool students.
Compulsory prerequisite: CS-E3900 USchool Intro.
The course is jointly organized by the three schools of USchool. The course consists of three lectures, tutoring sessions, study of user experience work in a team, team work presentations, and a reflection report.
28.11.2018 14-16 @ T5, T-building, Konemiehentie 2
- Course kick-off
- Lecture on Organizational UX maturity by prof. Marko Nieminen
05.12.2018 14-16 @ Väre, L101, Otaniementie 14
- Guest lecture by UX Research Director Raino Vastamäki on UX and human-centred design work in real life
- Field study planning in teams
12.12.2018 14-16 @ Väre, L102, Otaniementie 14
- Lecture by prof. Virpi Roto on Inquiry methods for work research
- Field study plan presentations by the teams
- Field work in student teams
- Team tutoring as agreed with the team tutor
30.01.2019 14-16 @ University of Helsinki, Siltavuorenpenger
1A, room 134
- Field work result presentations by the teams
06.02.2019 14-16 @ one's own school
- Personal plan discussions (with students & teacher from the same discipline)
- Report submission: Personal plan towards UX design work