The six credit version of the course contains a group assignment which will be accomplished in groups of three students. The group assignment consists of five 1.5-2 h peer group meetings/discussions the group will organize autonomously according to the instructions. The purpose of the group assignment is
support each other in preparation for the Slush event and in learning from the leadership
- To get
an experience on supportive and appreciative peer discussions
- To exercise the primary helping skills –listening and
Three of the sessions must take place before the Slush event and two after. Each session will have a special topic and instructions will be given separately to each session. The group will produce and submit to MyCourses a short document from each session. The fifth (last) report will serve as a summary report from the whole experience.
The topics and timeline of the peer coaching sessions are following:
- Team leadership and personal principles (before the Volunteers’ Day)
- Team building and role taking (after the Volunteers’ Day)
- Getting prepared (before the Event)
- Your feedback and leadership experience (after the Wrap up workshop 17.12.)
- Reflection on the peer coaching experience (before the Reflection workshop 17.1.)
More detailed instructions are under each session assignment.