Before each team meeting, there is one task
to be done and one set of readings to be read (except the first gathering, which does not have readings, only a task).
Pre-readings include mainly articles (with
an occasional video) relevant to the topics covered in the lecture.
Tasks change every week and include
watching a movie that the group has chosen, reading a book the group has
A written reading response and task report have to be returned to MyCourses for each pre-reading and task (for a total of 5 responses/reports). To ensure high-quality discussions during the gatherings, these have to be returned before the relevant gathering.
Accordingly, the deadline for the task report & the reading responses (1 page) is always on Friday after the lecture at 13.00.
Submit the task responses and the reading responses as two separate documents through MyCourses.
Both should be returned
in pdf-format to ensure readability. Name the response as ”familyname_response_responsenumber”.
Some ground rules for team gatherings:
The aim is to provide you with a safe and encouraging space to explore topics related to life in general and to your own life. To ensure this, here are a few ground rules for team meetings:
- Everybody is respected and listened to
- If somebody shares something personal, that stays within the group
- One does not have to share anything personal if one doesn’t want to
- Try to ensure that each person gets to speak roughly equally
- -> If you notice that you speak all the time, step back to allow others to speak
- -> If you notice someone is mostly silent encourage them to step up
- Commenting, discussing and even disagreeing is encouraged, but be respectful
- -> Criticize the idea, not the person
- -> Avoid prejudicial comments
- Most everything discussed in the groups will not have one right answer
- -> Try to understand others’ points of views to broaden your own understanding