- Select your favourite topic e.g. from the course book among the topics which have not been covered on the course. However, you can also think of an application of SDE methods in your own research or application.
- Write around 5-10 pages report which contains brief review of the theory and then a numerical illustration. That is, a short technical report / article on the subject.
- Deadline is 14.12.2018 (topic) and 18.1.2019 (final report)
Project work report
The report should be returned in PDF form below by 18.1.2019 and it should contain at least the following:
- Introduction. Explains the research problem in informal terms. Based on this, a fellow student on the course should be able to understand how your project relates to the rest of the course.
- Theory (Materials and Methods). Describes the theory behind the application and/or methodology and cites books and scientific articles, where the theory can be found.
- Simulation/Results. The method is applied to a simulated or real application. Codes can be included as appendices, if necessary.
- Summary (Discussion and Conclusion). Summarizes the results and provides insight into the usability of the method. If applicable, also discusses god/bad sides of the approach.
Use some word processing software (e.g. [pdf/xe/lua/...]LaTeX, preferably) to typeset your report. You can use some standard article or report template.