This workspace is meant for thesis/dissertation supervising. A student submits drafts and a supervisor comments them. After a submission a Turnitin similarity report is generated automatically. The report shows similarities between texts of the submission and sources of the comparison databases. The report supports scientific writing and prevention of plagiarism. Please, read Aalto University Turnitin instructions, especially how to interpret a Turnitin similarity report.
The final version of the thesis can be submitted in a separate inbox where both the similarity report is generated and the paper is stored in Turnitin student paper repository where it is protected against plagiarism.
The intended learning outcomes can be summarized as follows:
1. Ability to formulate a research problem
2. Ability to understand the scientific approach of solving problems.
3. Ability to select the appropriate methods to solve the research problem.
4. Ability to critically think how to proceed in the research plan based on the literature review.
5. Ability to write clearly and fluently a scientific document
Athanasios A. Markou, Ph.D.
Department of Civil Engineering
Room 227, Rakentajanaukio 4A, FI-00076 Espoo, Finland
Tel: +358 50 355 3150