Please access the assignment below. You can access the Procountor environment here: https://secure.procountor.com/procountor/ . The first three tasks for setting up the environments are tasks that only can be completed once. Johanna recommends that everyone still goes through these steps to familiarize themselves with the idea, but only one student per group needs to input the information. For all other questions: try to do them as many times as you deem useful. The more you practice, the more you will understand, the more likely you are able to become Procountor certified and get all 10 points resulting from the test.
To provide more context to the exercise, imagine yourself as operating a small business (e.g. bakery, flower shop, mobile game development studio,...).
Please access the logins for your respective group from the file below. I suggest changing your password as soon as you logged in. The login information in the file is public. If you decide to sabotage other groups, you will be excluded from the Accountor module, missing out on a total of 20 points (2 grades).
When going through the tasks ALWAYS keep in mind human error potential. Consider actively going through what errors could happen and what implications that might have. In later MSc courses and especially when working at a company, you will be using transaction data that is at least partly inserted manually (just like in this exercise session). Being aware and alert will make you a better controller/manager.
As always and particularly in this course, the more you engage in the exercises the more you will learn.
Assessment of this module will be based on four aspects
1) Attendance is mandatory for all sessions (Pass/Fail) - Exceptions can be made in extreme cases
2) Completion of exercises is a prerequisite (Pass/Fail)
3) Completion of a test based on your thorough understanding of the used Accounting Information System (10 points of 50 obtainable during the course)*
4) Assignment where you demonstrate your reflective thinking capacity (10 points of 50 obtainable during the course)
* The test is the official examination used to certify accountants' proficiency in Procountor. Accountor offered to award you the official certificate free of charge if you meet the official test requirements (high enough test score). This will be a valuable addition to your CV. Note that passing the test requires considerable skill and curiosity (discovering Procountor by yourself). It is not enough to merely do the tasks of the Accountor assignment but you have to dedicate time to discover the rest of it. Last session 6 out of 70 students passed the certificate.